How lemon balm helps in getting glowing skin
Well, people aren’t very aware of the benefits of this herb Melissa officinalis.
Through this article, you’ll get an idea about how Lemon Balm can be used for multiple purposes.
1. Anti-acne: Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory calming agent helps in the reduction of redness and swelling of the skin. Its cooling effect can help soothe acne-prone skin. It heals your skin from the inside out. It has a drying effect on the skin so you can include it in your skincare routine if you have an oily skin type.
2. Anti-aging: It provokes cell circulation for healthy blood vessels to flush intense nourishment to the skin which results in delayed signs of skin aging. It revives the skin by tightening it and making your skin look firmer and more toned. Lemon Balm is perfect for brightening your skin and fading the dark spots and it also brings out your skin’s natural radiance.
3. Sunscreen: Lemon Balm contains caffeic and rosmarinic acid, thus it can also be used as a sunscreen. It has the ability to penetrate through the top layers of skin and into the deeper cutaneous layers to provide intense protection against UV radiation and its associated skin damage. It removes the damage done by UV rays.
4. Deep cleanser: Lemon balm has many advantages, including clearing the pores and getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads. It has a very clean, fresh scent.
5. Bug repellent: It can also be used as a bug repellent. You don’t have to worry about mosquitoes and other bugs as well if you spend a lot of time outside and in your backyard. The best way is to crush some lemon balm leaves and apply them on your skin (avoid your face).
6. Lemon balm in food: Lemon Balm is used to make multiple cooling drinks and delicious food. Its leaves are used as an herb in teas and as a seasoner in ice creams, cheese, meat, poultry and fish dishes, salads, and spirits. You can freeze its leaves in ice trays and drink them with your ice teas or lemonades.
There are endless creative ways to use this, lemon balm is a super herb; you can even use it as a toner by mixing it with honey or glycerin. You can also infuse it with your hair oil and apply it to your hair. It is also used to get better sleep. If you grow this herb in your garden, it will attract butterflies and bees which will help in pollination too.
We neglect the proper care of our skin during the celebration rush, which causes skin damage and breakouts. The best technique to stop this from happening and achieve your festive skin goal is including Lemon Balm in your daily care routine.